- Beef Australia is a triennial event held in Rockhampton, Queensland.
- The Australian Government is contributing $3.9 million towards this great event.
- Beef 2021 will connect beef producers, agribusiness, industry experts and international trading partners.
Beef 2021 kicks off on 2 May, and once again the beef industry from around Australia will gather in Rockhampton, Queensland.
Minister for Agriculture, Drought and Emergency Management David Littleproud said that the Australian Government is a strong supporter of the beef industry and is proud to continue to be a Principal Partner of Beef Australia, contributing $3.9 million to the event.
“This is a time for the industry to come together, to celebrate their achievements, and to showcase Australian beef from paddock to plate,” Minister Littleproud said.
“Beef 2021 will not only demonstrate the quality of Australian beef cattle, but present demonstrations, seminars and property tours to impart the latest research, solutions and products.
“Also, the event provides the unique opportunity for the Australian beef industry to build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders and the general public.
“The event in 2018 generated an estimated $85 million for regional Queensland.
“It drew in an estimated 100,000 attendees and showcased over 500 regional businesses through the trade fair, and I am confident that this year will be even better.
“Beef is big business in Australia. We feed people at not only home, but also across the world, exporting two thirds of our top quality and trusted product to over 70 countries around the globe.
“The Australian beef industry is worth more than $15 billion to the Australian economy. There are over 45,000 producers involved in the beef industry.
“I would also like to recognise the importance of the processors, the transporters, agronomists, agribusiness, exporters and all those involved in this wonderful industry which contributes economically to rural and regional towns, employing thousands of people”.
To find out more about Beef 2021, visit here..
- Beef Australia first began in 1988 to celebrate Australia’s bicentennial. It was such a success that it has been held triennially ever since.
- Beef 2021 will run from 2-8 May.
- Beef 2021’s program includes a trade show, presentations and seminars from academics and experts, property tours and demonstrations from chefs.
- The organisers are working closely with Queensland Health to ensure the event is COVID-19 safe.