- Online agricultural innovation sharing digital platform launched today
- growAG to help connect research and development outcomes to Australians and the world
- Represents a $2 million Australian Government investment
A game-changing online digital platform connecting the world to Australian agricultural innovation will drive investment, commercialisation and make research and development outcomes transparent for levy payers and the community.
Minister for Agriculture, Drought and Emergency Management David Littleproud said growAG will showcase success stories, research projects and commercial opportunities in one centralised location.
“This window is open now for the rest of the world to see the range of agricultural innovations Australia has on offer today and into the future,” Minister Littleproud said.
“Investors, researchers and farmers from Australia and the rest of the world can now easily locate information and opportunities to further deliver innovation back to the farm and the food supply-chain.
“This will help drive investment in Australian agricultural research and development, and open up more commercialisation opportunities.
“Our farmers will be just a few clicks away from learning more about the latest research on how to manage aggressive weeds and understand the known impact of the recent bushfires on disease, pests and beneficial organisms.
“Farmers can now see their levy-funded research projects from across our 15 Research and Development Corporations in one location using filters to search across different commodities.
“Companies and investors can also see commercial opportunities from the research and development in areas such as automatic harvesting of mangoes and yield prediction of grapevines.
“It also provides an opportunity to inspire young people and bring them back into farming and related services in rural and regional locations.”
“This is innovation driving innovation in support of industry’s ambitious target of $100 billion in production by 2030.”
GrowAG was developed by Agrifutures Australia with the support of the 14 other Research and Development Corporations through a $2 million Australian Government grant.
Visit growag.com to explore Australia’s innovation system in one location.
- growAG is an ongoing collaboration between Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment, all of Australia’s 15 RDCs and others to promote opportunities for commercialisation and showcase research and technologies.
- growAG is an important step to delivering improved commercialisation, extension and adoption outcomes - a key objective of the National Agricultural Innovation Agenda.
- growAG draws from the success of evokeAG - the largest agrifood tech event in the Asia Pacific with a network of community members who are interested and keen to participate in collaborative thinking to change the future of Australian agriculture.