- Minister Littleproud announced the appointment of 6 non-executive directors to Wine Australia until 30 September 2024.
- The directors have extensive industry experience and have demonstrated a strong commitment to the Australian wine industry.
Minister for Agriculture and Northern Australia David Littleproud has appointed 6 non-executive directors to Wine Australia until 30 September 2024.
Minister Littleproud said the four reappointed directors and two new directors have extensive industry experience and have demonstrated a strong commitment to the Australian wine industry.
“Wine and winegrape production is a major agricultural industry in Australia, employing over 160,000 full and part-time employees across 65 winegrowing regions and contributing over $45 billion to the economy in 2019-20,” Minister Littleproud said.
“Australia is the sixth largest wine producing country, with 60 percent of this wine exported and the other 40 percent sold domestically.
“Our wine industry is already in a strong position — the directors will continue to ensure the sector remains one of the best in the world.
“Wine Australia is well positioned to continue to deliver on its vision and mission to support a competitive wine sector, growing domestic and international markets and protecting the reputation of Australian wine.
“Congratulations to all of the directors new and reappointed. I look forward to working with you on priorities for Australia’s wine industry.”
The 6 directors join the Chair, Dr Michele Allan, who was appointed in July 2020.
The two new directors are:
- Mr John Lloyd, New South Wales. Mr Lloyd was the former CEO, Horticulture Innovation Australia for 9 years. Mr Lloyd has extensive experience in agricultural and horticultural research, innovation and portfolio management within the primary industries sector.
- Mr Justin Brown, Australian Capital Territory. Mr Brown has vast experience with trade and market access issues, notably as a trade negotiator, pursuing, protecting, and promoting market access opportunities for Australian industry on a day-to-day basis.
The four reappointed directors are:
- Ms Catherine Cooper, South Australia. Corporate/commercial lawyer, with broad ranging food and agribusiness experience.
- Ms Frances-Anne Keeler, New South Wales. Principal, fa Consulting, Chair, Australian Tourism Data Warehouse.
- Ms Catherine Oates, Western Australia. Owner/Operator, Oates Ends and Cath Oates Wine Consulting.
- Mr Mitchell Taylor, New South Wales. Managing Director and Winemaker, Taylors Wines Pty Ltd.